Chapter 2. Facilities and Staffing—Introduction
1 provided information on developing community support for a dental
clinic and planning for a dental program. Chapter 2 provides vital information
for organizations that have determined a need for a fixed dental clinic
facility to best serve their target population.
Information is provided on areas such as:
- Size of facility needed to optimally serve different population sizes
- Estimates of construction costs
- Estimates of supply, instrument and equipment costs
- Staff configurations for different clinic sizes
- Dental clinic layouts
- Construction specifications for a dental facility
- How to select dental equipment, instruments and supplies
Once you determine facility size, read this chapter
from beginning to end. It contains many details that need to be considered
prior to clinic construction and seeking funding for a dental program.
Cost information from this chapter will be very useful when considering
funding and budget issues discussed in Chapter 3.